DIY: Rustic Decor for Mother’s Day
This rustic design is a popular trend in home decor. I like to mix textures and styles in my decorating. This DIY project is simple and easy to personalize for your Mom. I saw the words written out on several Pinterest boards, so I am not sure who to credit for the the original idea for the phrases, but I thought they were perfect.
I purchased all of my craft supplies from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store.
1) 20×20 Pallet Wood
2) Variety of Paint – I used spray paint, Home Decor Chalk Paint and Liquitex Acrylic
3) Flowers and a hot glue gun.
1) First, I sprayed the pallet with metallic gold spray paint in varied spots. Then, I lightly painted all over with the chalk paint. I wanted to sparkle of gold to peek through, but still look rustic.
2) I wrote the phrase on my pallet with pencil. You can use a projector or stencil. Neatness counts!
3) I used the Liquitex acrylic paint to paint my letters. I highlighted “Mother” with green paint.
4) I cut the ends of my flowers off and hot glued them in clusters on the board.