DIY Mini-Christmas Tree
I have made many of these little trees over the years. They are fun to share as a gift or use them to decorate small spaces like bedrooms, kitchen counters or a foyer table. You can really be creative with different themes, colors and decorative accessories.
1) Small clay pot (paint and brush to change color)
2) Floral foam
3) Dowel rod
4) Styrofoam Cones
5) Garland (flimsy style)
6) Mini lights (50 count is best)
7) Mini bulbs, mini pine cones or decor of choice
8) Hot glue gun
1) Paint your clay pot your color of choice and set it aside to dry.
2) Wrap the lights around your cone tightly. Make sure the end with the plug is at the bottom of your cone.
3) Wrap the garland around the cone. I tried to wrap it so the lights pop through. Hot glue the garland to the cone at the starting point and ending point.
4) Put floral foam into the clay pot. Make sure it it fights very tight because this will stabilize your tree.
5) Insert the dowel rod into the center of the base of your cone and then insert it into the floral foam you put in your clay pot
6) Use your hot glue gun to glue on the bulbs and other decorative items.
Your tree is complete! You can add a bow to the base, paint the recipients name or any other creative ideas you might have.
The garland was from “The Dollar Tree.” All of my other items came from my favorite store, “Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store.”
…and here is the clip from today’s segment on “Daytime Blue Ridge.”