Caramel Popcorn Balls
I could be clever and advertise these as a gluten free, whole grain, healthy treat. However, they do have light corn syrup and condensed milk which may counteract the “healthy” statement. But, on the other hand, visit any elementary school party and you will definitely see these tasty treats as a much better alternative. These were super tasty and did not last long. I found this recipe at realmomkitchen.com
The only thing I did differently was use little baggies instead of plastic wrap. The bags were easier to use and I could add the ribbon to the top making them more festive to serve! Enjoy!
Chewy Caramel Popcorn Balls
- 3 (3.5 oz) bags natural microwave popcorn popped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed
- Place popcorn in a very large bowl.
- In a sauce pan, combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. While stirring, bring mixture to a boil and add condensed milk.
- While stirring, bring to a boil again and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over popcorn.
- Mix popcorn to even coat with the caramel. Place a big spoonful of popcorn into your baggie and shape into a ball.
- Repeat with remaining popcorn.
- Tie a festive ribbon on top!